You are viewing documentation for an older version of Confluent Platform. For the latest, click here.
FAQ for Confluent Cloud¶
- Can I put my Confluent Cloud account on hold?
- How does billing work for Confluent Cloud Professional?
- What payment methods are supported for Confluent Cloud Professional?
- When am I charged for using Confluent Cloud Professional?
- What happens if I upgrade or downgrade my cluster?
- What if I only use part of the month with Confluent Cloud Professional?
- How do I change the email address used for billing on the Confluent Cloud Professional cluster?
- Where can I ask billing questions?
Can I use Confluent Cloud to do operations on different cloud clusters (prod /integration) without performing init?¶
Yes, you can use the kafkacat tool to produce, consume, and list topic and partition information. For more information, see the kafkacat documentation.
Go to Settings -> Organization and click Invite.
Enter the users email and click Send Invite. The user will receive an email inviting them to your Confluent Cloud instance.
Yes, you can view and subscribe to the Confluent Cloud status page.
No, but you can transfer your data from Confluent Cloud before deleting your cluster. For more information, see Connecting Kafka Connect to Confluent Cloud.
All billing for Confluent Cloud Professional is done through a credit card. If you have a Confluent Cloud Enterprise subscription, the billing setup is customized for your enterprise.
Confluent Cloud Professional only supports using a credit card for payment. With Confluent Cloud Enterprise you can use purchase order and other methods of payment.
The credit card is charged at the end of the month for the amount of time that you have used.
When you launch a cluster, the clock is started and you are charged at the listed hourly rate. This rate is shown in the dialog and in cluster spec configuration. At the end of the month, your credit card is charged for the hours consumed.
If you upgrade or downgrade your cluster, the hourly rate is adjusted and the hours used are pro-rated to the minute.
You are charged by the hour.
To change the invoice email address, contact Confluent Cloud support through the web page. Your monthly invoice will be emailed to the email address that was provided initially during sign up for Confluent Cloud Professional. The invoice can only be sent to a single email address.