Confluent Cloud is a resilient, scalable streaming data service based on Apache Kafka, delivered as a fully managed service. Confluent Cloud has a web interface and local command line interface. You can manage cluster resources, settings, and billing with the web interface. You can use Confluent Cloud CLI to create and manage Kafka topics.
- Kafka ecosystem
- Confluent Cloud is comprised of open-source Apache Kafka APIs.
- Multi-cloud support
- Confluent Cloud is agnostic to its cloud platform, so you can “lift and shift” your Kafka applications from any location in or out of Confluent Cloud. All of the infrastructure is based on open-source components, allowing you to recreate your data pipelines outside of Confluent Cloud and migrate your pipelines at your discretion.
- Kafka experts
- Backed by the team that created Kafka. Confluent Cloud is managed by the Kafka experts so it’s running with best practices, the latest Kafka version, and means upgrades are pain free.
- To learn how to get up and running with Confluent Cloud, try the Confluent Cloud Quick Start.
- To get access to Confluent Cloud, see https://www.confluent.io/confluent-cloud/.
- To learn more about Confluent Cloud, watch the Introduction to Confluent Cloud screencast.
- To learn how to deploy a Kafka streaming ETL with Confluent Cloud, you can run the Confluent Cloud demo . The demo uses KSQL for stream processing, Confluent Replicator for moving data from on-prem to Confluent Cloud, and Confluent Control Center for monitoring. You must have an initialized Confluent Cloud cluster to run the demo.