You are viewing documentation for an older version of Confluent Platform. For the
latest, click here.
Upgrading a Connector Plugin
Upgrading a connector is similar to upgrading any other Kafka client application. You should refer to
the documentation for individual connector plugins if you have a need for rolling upgrades. The instructions
below cover the procedure to upgrade any generic connector plugin by taking a short outage.
- Download the new connector plugin.
- Stop all Connect workers.
- Remove the old connector plugin from the plugin path or classpath.
- Install the new connector plugin per the instructions.
- Start up the workers.
- Start up the connector (if using distributed mode).