You are viewing documentation for an older version of Confluent Platform. For the latest, click here.
Confluent Cloud is a resilient, scalable streaming data service based on Apache Kafka®, delivered as a fully managed service. Confluent Cloud has a web interface and local command line interface. You can manage cluster resources, settings, and billing with the web interface. You can use Confluent Cloud CLI to create and manage Kafka topics.
- Apache Kafka® ecosystem
- Confluent Cloud is comprised of open-source Kafka APIs.
- Multi-cloud support
- Confluent Cloud is agnostic to its cloud platform, so you can “lift and shift” your Kafka applications from any location in or out of Confluent Cloud. All of the infrastructure is based on open-source components, allowing you to recreate your data pipelines outside of Confluent Cloud and migrate your pipelines at your discretion.
- Kafka experts
- Backed by the team that created Kafka. Confluent Cloud is managed by the Kafka experts so it’s running with best practices, the latest Kafka version, and means upgrades are pain free.
For more information on supported features, see Confluent Cloud Limits and Supported Features.
- Confluent Cloud Quick Start
- Learn how to get up and running with the Confluent Cloud Quick Start. It demonstrates the basics of using Confluent Cloud, including creating topics and producing and consuming to a Kafka cluster in Confluent Cloud.
- Get Access to Confluent Cloud
- Click here to get access to Confluent Cloud.
- Confluent Cloud Online Talk
- Listen to the Introduction to Confluent Cloud: Apache Kafka as a Service online talk.
- Confluent Cloud Demo
- Learn how to deploy a Kafka streaming ETL with the Confluent Cloud demo. The demo uses KSQL for stream processing, Confluent Replicator for moving data from on-prem to Confluent Cloud, and Control Center for monitoring.