You are viewing documentation for an older version of Confluent Platform. For the latest, click here.
Confluent Platform 5.2.3 Release Notes¶
This is a bugfix release of Confluent Platform that provides Confluent users with Apache Kafka 2.2.2, the latest stable version of Kafka, and additional bug fixes.
You are encouraged to upgrade to Confluent Platform 5.2.3, because it includes important bug fixes. The technical details of this release are summarized below.
- [MMA-2901] fix file limit issue on 5.2.x
Apache Kafka 2.2.2-cp1¶
- PR-6283 - KAFKA-7941: Catch TimeoutException in KafkaBasedLog worker thread (#6283)
- PR-7197 - KAFKA-8774: Regex can be found anywhere in config value (#7197)
- PR-6959 - KAFKA-8550: Fix plugin loading of aliased converters in Connect (#6959)
- PR-7164 - KAFKA-8736: Streams performance improvement, use isEmpty() rather than size() == 0 (#7164)
- PR-7101 - KAFKA-8678; Fix leave group protocol bug in throttling and error response (#7101)
- PR-7054 - KAFKA-8615: Change to track partition time breaks TimestampExtractor (#7054)
- PR-7092 - KAFKA-8602: Separate PR for 2.3 branch (#7092)
- PR-7021 - KAFKA-8620: fix NPE due to race condition during shutdown while rebalancing (#7021)
- PR-7076 - HOT FIX: close RocksDB objects in correct order (#7076)
- PR-7070 - KAFKA-7157: Fix handling of nulls in TimestampConverter (#7070)
- PR-5705 - KAFKA-6605: Fix NPE in Flatten when optional Struct is null (#5705)
- PR-7030 - KAFKA-5998: fix checkpointableOffsets handling (#7030)
- PR-6991 - KAFKA-8591; WorkerConfigTransformer NPE on connector configuration reloading (#6991)
- PR-6974 - KAFKA-8570; Grow buffer to hold down converted records if it was insufficiently sized (#6974)
- PR-6968 - KAFKA-8564; Fix NPE on deleted partition dir when no segments remain (#6968)
- PR-6875 - KAFKA-7315 DOCS update TOC internal links serdes all versions (#6875)
- PR-6898 - KAFKA-8499: ensure java is in PATH for ducker system tests (#6898)
- PR-6893 - HOTFIX: Close unused ColumnFamilyHandle (#6893)
- PR-6791 - KAFKA-8404: Add HttpHeader to RestClient HTTP Request and Connector REST API (#6791)
- PR-6596 - KAFKA-8155: Add 2.1.1 release to system tests (#6596)
- PR-334 - CC-4886: Temporarily ignore SecurityIT
- PR-335 - MINOR: Upgrade Mockito to work on Java 11
- PR-327 - Enable Elasticsearch 7 support with adding minimum Integration test (based on TestContainer)
- PR-324 - CC-5605: Log version conflicts as warnings.
- PR-312 - CC-4788: Added elastic.security.protocol.
- PR-450 - CC-5969: Pass extra connector configs to the partitioner
- PR-686 - MINOR: Upgrade postgress jdbc driver to most recent bugfix release (9.4.1212)
- PR-663 - MINOR: Remove the final keyword from JdbcSinkConnector
- PR-79 - MINOR: Revert to using the older version of jackson-databind to fix the build
- PR-73 - ST-1601: Fix test and framework dependency scopes so we don’t leak unnecessary jars into packages
- PR-228 - REP-30: MINOR: Fix Jenkins build failures due to the maven-surefire plugin
- PR-226 - REP-30: MINOR: Fix Jenkins build failures due to the maven-surefire plugin
- PR-217 - CC-2796: Pass a delta for better than ms precision
- PR-214 - CC-5541: Set ByteArrayConverter as header converter
- PR-209 - CC-5012: If topic creation fails, attempt to resize topic
- PR-215 - REP-22: Handle uncaught exception during offset commit
- PR-3104 - fix: COLLECT_LIST can now be applied to tables
- PR-3002 - Move docker image to break circular dependency
- PR-3017 - build: remove npm install from mvn package
- PR-3008 - build: add commitlint for conventional commits
- PR-2948 - Using the correct props for the version checker in the headless mode.
- PR-2947 - Fixing some rest-app module tests.
- PR-2945 - Added clarification to docs for PARTITION BY
- PR-2921 - KSQL-2630: Update out-of-order verbiage; remove grace-period section
- PR-2922 - KSQL-2236: Add paras about the WITHIN clause
Confluent Platform 5.2.2 Release Notes¶
This is a bugfix release of Confluent Platform that provides Confluent users with Apache Kafka 2.2.1, the latest stable version of Kafka, and additional bug fixes.
You are encouraged to upgrade to Confluent Platform 5.2.2, because it includes important bug fixes. The technical details of this release are summarized below.
- CPKAFKA-2819: Add config for ssl distinguished name mapping (#120)
- MMA-4401: fix unknown cluster exception
- CC-4930: Adjust expected calls in case schedulePeriodicRefreshMetadata gets scheduled by NewReplicatorAdminClient
- CC-4928: During translation retries, save newer timestamps for retry
- CC-4536: Adapt ReplicatorApp to upstream changes in AK
- CC-4576: De-duplicate in timestamp interceptors: add configs for batching in Replicator
- CC-4474: Use committed offsets even if dest topic doesn’t exist
- CC-4347: Start REST server when using Replicator app
- CC-3405: Close admin client if constructed locally
- CC-4257: Allow consumer offset to be preferred over connect offset
- CC-3848: Support specifying the maximum allowed MQTT message size in bytes
Apache Kafka 2.2.1-cp1¶
- PR-6840 - KAFKA-8418: Wait until REST resources are loaded when starting a Connect Worker. (#6840)
- PR-6818 - KAFKA-8187: Add wait time for other thread in the same jvm to free the locks (#6818)
- PR-6722 - KAFKA-8351: Cleaner should handle transactions spanning multiple segments (#6722)
- PR-6579 - KAFKA-8229: Reset WorkerSinkTask offset commit interval after task commit (#6579)
- PR-6636 - KAFKA-8290: Close producer for zombie task (#6636)
- PR-6719 - KAFKA-8347: Choose next record to process by timestamp (#6719)
- PR-6675 - KAFKA-8320: fix retriable exception package for source connectors (#6675)
- PR-6726 - KAFKA-8363: Fix parsing bug for config providers (#6726)
- PR-6715 - KAFKA-8335: Clean empty batches when sequence numbers are reused (#6715)
- PR-5918 - KAFKA-7633: Allow Kafka Connect to access internal topics without cluster ACLs (#5918)
- PR-6713 - KAFKA-8352: Fix Connect System test failure 404 Not Found (#6713)
- PR-6707 - KAFKA-8348: Fix KafkaStreams JavaDocs (#6707)
- PR-5578 - KAFKA-6789: Handle retriable group errors in AdminClient API (#5578)
- PR-6685 - KAFKA-8240: Fix NPE in Source.equals() (#6685)
- PR-6651 - KAFKA-8304: Fix registration of Connect REST extensions (#6651)
- PR-6652 - KAFKA-8306: Initialize log end offset accurately when start offset is non-zero (#6652)
- PR-6672 - KAFKA-8323: Close RocksDBStore’s BloomFilter (#6672)
- PR-6670 - KAFKA-8289: Fix Session Expiration and Suppression (#6654) (#6670)
- PR-6568 - KAFKA-7601: Clear leader epoch cache on downgraded format in append (#6568)
- PR-6613 - KAFKA-8248: Ensure time updated before sending transactional request (#6613)
- PR-6402 - KAFKA-8066: Always close the sensors in Selector.close() (#6402)
- PR-6643 - KAFKA-8298: Fix possible concurrent modification exception (#6643)
- PR-6602 - KAFKA-8254: Pass Changelog as Topic in Suppress Serdes (#6602)
- PR-6305 - Fix for KAFKA-7974: Avoid zombie AdminClient when node host isn’t resolvable (#6305)
- PR-6615 - KAFKA-7895: fix Suppress changelog restore (#6536) (#6615)
- PR-6555 - KAFKA-8204: fix Streams store flush order (#6555)
- PR-6550 - KAFKA-8277: Fix NPEs in several methods of ConnectHeaders (#6550)
- PR-6570 - KAFKA-7866: Ensure no duplicate offsets after txn index append failure (#6570)
- PR-6585 - KAFKA-8241: Handle configs without truststore for broker keystore update (#6585)
- PR-6573 - KAFKA-8210: Fix link for streams table duality (#6573)
- PR-6564 - KAFKA-8209: Wrong link for KStreams DSL in core concepts doc (#6564)
- PR-6572 - KAFKA-8208: Change paper link directly to ASM (#6572)
- PR-6581 - KAFKA-8232: Test topic delete completion rather than intermediate state (#6581)
- PR-6384 - KAFKA-8058: Fix ConnectClusterStateImpl.connectors() method (#6384)
- PR-6547 - KAFKA-8157: fix the incorrect usage of segment.index.bytes (2.2) (#6547)
- PR-6539 - KAFKA-8190: Don’t update keystore modification time during validation (#6539)
- PR-6475 - KAFKA-8126: Flaky Test org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerTest.testAddRemoveTask (#6475)
- PR-305 - SEC-168: Exclude jackson-core from packaging.
- PR-302 - CC-4054: Remove the use of null_value (default values) for text and binary based fields
- PR-425 - CC-4318: Fix off-by-one error for offset reporting to Kafka topic
- PR-642 - CC-4423: Remove semicolon from Db2 dialect timestamp query
- PR-66 - CC-4422: JMS Connector Performance Updates
- PR-243 - CC-4228: Configuration option to override expect-continue in upload protocol
- PR-1101 - CC-4513: Fix HTTP header handling in CachedSchemaRegistryClient
Confluent Platform 5.2.1 Release Notes¶
This is a bugfix release of Confluent Platform that provides Confluent users with Apache Kafka 2.2.0, the latest stable version of Kafka and additional bug fixes.
You are encouraged to upgrade to Confluent Platform 5.2.1, because it includes important bug fixes. The technical details of this release are summarized below.
The Control Center System Health page in Firefox browser now renders correctly. For more information on supported browsers, see Web Browsers.
Apache Kafka 2.2.0-cp2¶
- PR-6489 - KAFKA-8150: Fix bugs in handling null arrays in generated RPC code (#6489)
- PR-6342 - KAFKA-8014: Extend Connect integration tests to add and remove workers dynamically (#6342)
- PR-6484 - KAFKA-8142: Fix NPE for nulls in Headers (#6484)
- PR-6482 - KAFKA-7989: RequestQuotaTest should wait for quota config change before running tests (#6482)
How to Download¶
Confluent Platform is available for download at https://www.confluent.io/download/. See the On-Premises Deployments section for detailed information.
To upgrade Confluent Platform to a newer version, check the Upgrade documentation.
Supported Versions and Interoperability¶
For the supported versions and interoperability of Confluent Platform and its components, see Supported Versions and Interoperability.
If you have questions regarding this release, feel free to reach out via the community mailing list or community Slack. Confluent customers are encouraged to contact our support directly.