In this section, we provide a closer look at how to run a Confluent Platform cluster on Docker. If you are looking for a simple tutorial, you should refer instead to the Confluent Platform Quick Start (Docker).
We will cover the following topics:
- Monitoring: How to set up monitoring with JMX and recommendations for extending the images to use other monitoring solutions.
- Logging: Using log4j in a Docker setup.
- Networking: Bridge and host networking (including caveats for each).
- Mounting External Volumes: This is important when running Kafka Brokers and ZooKeeper on Docker, as they require a persistent filesystem.
- Monitoring Docker using JMX
- Configuring Docker Logging
- Mounting Docker External Volumes