Download and Install Replicator¶
To install Confluent Replicator:
- Download Confluent Platform from http://confluent.io/download/.
- Extract the contents of the archive.
- Bring up two clusters of Apache Kafka® brokers. For more information, see Tutorial: Replicating Data Between Clusters.
Decide How You Want to Run Replicator¶
There are two ways to configure and run Replicator:
- Run Replicator as an executable - The Replicator executable bundles a distributed Connect Worker and a Replicator Connect in a single application. This is a quick method to get started. You configure Replicator with command line flags at runtime.
- Manually Configure and Run Replicator on Kafka Clusters - Run Replicator as a Connect worker in stand-alone mode or multiple Connect workers in distributed mode. You configure the replication details in properties files on the workers.