Control Center Changelog
- Redesigned the Control Center UI, including KSQL and Connect enhancements. New
pages show cluster overview, topics pages, and consumers index.
- RBAC enforcement.
- Topic message browser enhancements, including jump to timestamp and download
results in JSON format.
- Alert enhancements that added Slack and PagerDuty webhook notifications, a
new Consumer lead alert, pause and resume global alerts actions, and fast
navigation to Alerts features from the Alerts bell icon.
- Added multiple Connect support.
- Added multiple KSQL support.
- Added broker configs editing.
- Added Schema Registry editing.
- Added license management UI.
- Improved message browsing.
- Improved KSQL UI.
- Improved scalability.
- Browser support for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. For more information,
see Web Browsers.
- A new, more readable light theme.
- Many bug fixes and UX improvements.
- Added configuration confluent.controlcenter.license.manager=_confluent-controlcenter-license-manager-5-1-0.
(It was confluent.controlcenter..license.manager = _confluent-controlcenter-license-manager5-1-0 in first 5.1.x release, but it is fixed now.) No need for customers to override this configuration.
- Added KSQL interface to create/view streams, tables, and queries.
- Added topic inspection to read messages from a topic.
- Added consumer group message lag viewing and alerting.
- Added Schema Registry viewing.
- Added read only view of broker configurations.
- Added feature flags for variety of user accessible features.
- Added ability to create and edit topics in Control Center.
- Added topic filtering and ability to hide Apache Kafka®/Confluent Platform internal topics
from the UI.
- Added new alert to warn when Control Center stops receiving data from a Kafka
- Added a restricted user type that prevents editing or creating of topics,
alerts, or connectors.
- Made calls to Connect more resilient.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent chart highlighting on System Health charts.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Control Center to improperly warn about
improper log dirs on brokers.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Control Center to improperly alert about
active controller count.
- Fixed an issue that could cause long request times if a cluster had brokers
with noncontiguous IDs.
- Additional logging during startup.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Control Center to show blank graphs when data
- Set and enforce TimestampType for internal Control Center topics at startup.
- Fixed an issue that caused us to link to an invalid consumer group on Streams
- Fixed an issue where Broker Monitoring could check for data last update time
on wrong cluster.
- Allow overriding ConfluentMetricsReporter default producer settings.
- Allow using a file for
- Docker image: allow passing license using CONTROL_CENTER_CONFLUENT_LICENSE
- Fixed an issue that resulted in Offline and Under Replicated Partitions data
to be swapped.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Control Center to shutdown if it lost
connection to Kafka.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Control Center to hang if it encountered an
error creating topics on startup.
Version 3.3.1 (EOSL)
- Allow text input in date picker.
- Fixed an issue that could cause unsubmittable forms.
- Show renamed cluster value rather than base clusterid on alerts page.
- Added alert banner on Broker Monitoring to indicate a cluster may be down.
- Scalability increase for Broker Monitoring to reduce number of messages sent
- Fixed an issue where 100% Network Pool Usage was displayed instead of 0%.
- Allow graceful shutdown of Control Center during startup.
- Fixed a race condition that could happen if you start Control Center and your
Kafka broker at the same time.
Version 3.3.0 (EOSL)
- Sped up restore time.
- Reduced the size of old data over long periods of time.
- Upgraded to use new admin client (KIP-117).
- Alert UI should render better alert information.
- Triggers are createable directly though the UI on System Health.
- Massive performance improvements to Stream Monitoring UI.
- Fixed various time range display/selection bugs; persist time ranges though
- Nonconfigurable form values being sent to Connect via UI should remain and be
visible prior to submit.
Version 3.2.2 (EOSL)
- Added shutdown script.
- Force faster compaction and cleanup on changelog topics.
- Several Streams improvements to reduce state-store restoration time after
- Reduce the volume of data to be restored to state-stores on startup.
- Fixed possible concurrency problem in setting RocksDB configuration options.
- Fixed possible deadlock on exception after streams startup.
Version 3.2.1 (EOSL)
- Enabled HTTP compression by default.
- Fixed possible deadlock on streams exception.
- Fixed fd leak when communicating with Kafka.
- Update defaults for monitoring producers to be more resilient.
- Prevent inadvertently creating misconfigured topics during startup during a
- Check Kafka version at startup.
- Reduce minimum startup time.
- More efficient duplicate checking to reduce write amplification.
- Handle ‘hidden’ connect configs. This allows Control Center to manage Connectors
that do not fully enumerate their configs.
- Ensure users only see invalid license warning if their license is invalid.
- Fixed topic display bug that would prevent topic details from showing.
- Reduced logging in js.
- Allow users to close missing data modal dialogs.
- Better rendering of System Health metrics especially when some data is missing.
- Better validation of triggers, actions, and connector configs.
- Faster processing of trigger and action creation and update.
- Corrected some misleading labels on System Health.
- Better error handling around Connect communications.
- Change default timespan in UI to 4 hours.
- Check and warn about errors on Topic Management page.
Version 3.2.0 (EOSL)
- Add capabilities to monitor brokers instrumented with Confluent Metrics Reporter.
- Enable alerting on broker and topic metrics.
- Add UI for viewing topic information.
- Add status UI for tracking internal progress.
- Fixed bug where we could inadvertently show license expired message.
- Fixed bugs with alert trigger creation in UI.
- Fixed issue with parsing certain error conditions from Connect.
Version 3.1.0 (EOSL)
- Enable gathering stream monitoring data from multiple clusters.
- Support alerting on stream monitoring conditions.
- Ability to restrict UI access via user login.
Version 3.0.1 (EOSL)
- Improved data fetching from the browser.
- Handle authenticated/authorized Kafka clusters.
- Bug fix for running in daemon mode.
- More efficient topic creation at startup.
- Reduced number of necessary topics/rocksdbs for aggregations.
- Reduced total amount of stored data.
- Fixed timing issues when receiving delayed data.
- Configs updates to prefix Kafka/rest configs.
- Added rate limit for logging to prevent logsize blowup.
- Allow deleting connector in UI.