Add topics to a cluster. You can add a topic with default settings, or add a topic with customized settings.
All Topics page¶
To access the All Topics page, click the cluster from the navigation bar and click Topics from the cluster submenu.
Use the All Topics page to:
- View a summary of topics for a cluster.
- Search for topics.
- Show or hide internal topics.
- Add a topic to a cluster.
- Sort the columns in the Topics table.
- Navigate to other features for topics using the context menu:
The Topics, Partitions, and Throughput details are shown for each topic.
Topics Overview page¶
To access the topics Overview page, click the ellipsis (
...) next to the topic name in the Topics table in the
All Topics page and choose Overview. The Overview page automatically opens after adding a topic.
Use the Overview page to:
- View a topic overview with a health rollup.
- Drill into metrics for topic production, consumption, and consumer lag by clicking on the Production or Consumption panels.
- Search for partitions by partition ID.
- View partition and replica placement details.
Add a topic with default settings¶
Add a topic with custom settings¶
On the customize settings form, a variety of other settings are available. This is not an exhaustive list, but the most commonly modified settings are available. After a topic has been created, further modification of topic settings can be done using the Edit Settings form.
Select a cluster from the navigation bar.
Click the Topics menu. The All Topics page appears.
Click Add a Topic.
Enter a unique topic name.
The topic name and the number of partitions cannot be edited after the topic has been saved. The topic cannot be deleted in Control Center. To learn more about topic configuration overrides, creating and deleting topics on the command line, and changing the replication factor, see Topic-level configs and Kafka Operations Post-Deployment.
Select or type a custom number of partitions.
Click Customize Settings.
Make any additional selections or changes to the custom settings.
Click Save & create. To return to the create with defaults form without customizing settings, click Back before saving.