Salesforce Connector (Source and Sink) for Confluent Platform¶
The Salesforce Connector integrates Salesforce.com with Apache Kafka® now includes both a sink connector and a source connector.
The Salesforce source connector provides the capability to capture changes from Salesforce.com via Salesforce Streaming API PushTopics or Salesforce Enterprise Messaging Platform Events. PushTopics provide the ability to subscribe to create, update, delete, and undelete events related to Salesforce Objects (SObjects). Platform Events are user defined publish/subscribe events. CDC provides a way to monitor Salesforce records.
The connector dynamically creates PushTopics if needed when the connector is launched. However, Platform Events must be pre-defined and published in Salesforce. More information on defining platform events and publishing platform events is available at Salesforce.com.
The Salesforce sink connector provides the ability to consume Kafka topics and perform the corresponding create, update, delete, and upsert operations on Salesforce SObjects and publishing Platform Events.
The Salesforce SObjects sink connector requires the Kafka records to have the same structure and format as the records output by the PushTopic source connector. Similarly, the Platform Events sink connector requires the Kafka records to have the same structure and format as the records output by the Platform Events source connector.
Install the Salesforce Connector¶
You can install this connector by using the Confluent Hub client (recommended) or you can manually download the ZIP file.
Install the connector using Confluent Hub¶
- Confluent Hub Client must be installed. This is installed by default with Confluent Enterprise.
Navigate to your Confluent Platform installation directory and run the following command to install the latest (
latest) connector version. The connector must be installed on every machine where Connect will run.
confluent-hub install confluentinc/kafka-connect-salesforce:latest
You can install a specific version by replacing
latest with a version number. For example:
confluent-hub install confluentinc/kafka-connect-salesforce:1.2.0
Install Connector Manually¶
You can use this connector for a 30-day trial period without a license key.
After 30 days, this connector is available under a Confluent enterprise license. Confluent issues enterprise license keys to subscribers, along with providing enterprise-level support for Confluent Platform and your connectors. If you are a subscriber, please contact Confluent Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For license properties, see Confluent Platform license and for information about the license topic, see:
- Salesforce Platform Event Source Connector license topic configuration
- Salesforce Platform Events Sink Connector license topic configuration
- Salesforce Push Topic Source Connector license topic configuration
- Salesforce SObject Sink Connector license topic configuration
- Salesforce CDC Source Connector license topic configuration
- Salesforce PushTopic Source Connector for Confluent Platform
- Salesforce SObject Sink Connector for Confluent Platform
- Salesforce Platform Events Source Connector for Confluent Platform
- Salesforce Platform Events Sink Connector for Confluent Platform
- Salesforce Change Data Capture Source Connector for Confluent Platform