Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform¶
The topics in this section describe using Ansible Playbooks to install Confluent Platform.
The topics assume basic knowledge of how Ansible playbooks work. If you want to learn more about Ansible playbooks, see these resources:
Support: For Confluent Platform 5.3 and later, the Ansible playbooks are fully supported for those with a Confluent Support contract. Any issues encountered can be reported to Confluent Support at https://support.confluent.io. For those without a Confluent Support contract, issues can be reported using the cp-ansible GitHub repo and are addressed on a best-effort basis.
Feature recommendations: For those with a Confluent Support contract, future work and additional features should be filed by opening a case with Confluent Support at https://support.confluent.io. For those without a Confluent Support contract, review the Contributing document.
Ansible offers a simple way to configure and deploy Confluent Platform. The cp-ansible repository provides the playbooks and templates that allow you to easily provision the Confluent Platform in your environment.
Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform is for first-time installs only. It should not be used to update configuration in place.
The Ansible playbooks provided by Confluent perform the following operations:
- Installs Confluent Platform packages.
- Starts services using
- Provides variables for configuring various security settings between Confluent Platform component services:
- SSL (one way and two way) with self-signed certs or custom certs
- SASL (Kerberos, PLAIN, SCRAM)
You can install the services listed below using the Ansible playbooks provided by Confluent:
- Apache ZooKeeper™
- Apache Kafka®
- Confluent Schema Registry
- REST Proxy
- Confluent Control Center
- Kafka Connect (distributed mode)
With the exception of Confluent Control Center, all Confluent Platform components are installed with Jolokia enabled and metrics exposed.
- Learn more about Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform in The Easiest Way to Install Apache Kafka and Confluent Platform using Ansible.
- Listen to the podcast Installing Apache Kafka with Ansible.