Teradata Connector (Source and Sink) for Confluent Platform¶
You can use the Kafka Connect Teradata Source and Sink connectors to import data from Teradata into Apache Kafka® and export data from Kafka topics to Teradata.
Install the Teradata Connector¶
You can install this connector by using the Confluent Hub client (recommended) or you can manually download the ZIP file.
If you are running a multi-node Connect cluster, the Teradata connector and JDBC driver JAR must be installed on every Connect worker in the cluster. See below for details.
Install the connector using Confluent Hub¶
- Confluent Hub Client must be installed. This is installed by default with Confluent Enterprise.
Navigate to your Confluent Platform installation directory and run the following command to install the latest (
latest) connector version. The connector must be installed on every machine where Connect will run.
confluent-hub install confluentinc/kafka-connect-teradata:latest
You can install a specific version by replacing
latest with a version number. For example:
confluent-hub install confluentinc/kafka-connect-teradata:1.0.0-preview
You can use this connector for a 30-day trial period without a license key.
After 30 days, this connector is available under a Confluent enterprise license. Confluent issues enterprise license keys to subscribers, along with providing enterprise-level support for Confluent Platform and your connectors. If you are a subscriber, please contact Confluent Support at email@example.com for more information.
For a complete list of configuration properties for the source connector, see Teradata Source Connector Configuration Properties.
For a complete list of configuration properties for the sink connector, see Teradata Sink Connector Configuration Properties.
Installing JDBC Drivers¶
The Teradata source and sink connectors use the Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) API that enables applications to connect to and use a wide range of database systems. In order for this to work, the connectors must have a JDBC Driver for Teradata.
- Navigate to the Teradata Downloads page
- Log in with your Teradata account if you are not signed in already.
- Download the JDBC driver corresponding to your Teradata version.
- Extract the archive to get a
- Place this JAR file into the
share/confluent-hub-components/confluentinc-kafka-connect-teradata/libdirectory in your Confluent Platform installation on each of the Connect worker nodes.
- Restart all of the Connect worker nodes.
The rest of this section outlines the specific steps for more common database management systems.
The following are additional guidelines to consider:
share/confluent-hub-components/confluentinc-kafka-connect-teradata/libdirectory mentioned above is for Confluent Platform. If you are using a different installation, find the location where the Confluent Teradata source and sink connector JAR files are located, and place the JDBC driver JAR file(s) for the target databases into the same directory.
- If the JDBC driver is not installed correctly, the Teradata source or sink connector will fail on startup.
Typically, the system throws the error
No suitable driver found. If this happens, install the JDBC driver again by following the instructions.
- The connector must be run on a connect worker with a default timezone which does not observe daylight savings. If daylight savings is observed in your timezone, then the connector will fail to configure or start. You can manually override the worker timezone by setting the TZ environment variable before starting the worker, or on the command line with the JVM argument -Duser.timezone=UTC