ksqlDB is an event streaming database purpose-built to help developers create stream processing applications on top of Apache Kafka®.
ksqlDB quick start¶
- Try ksqlDB Standalone with Docker images.
- Get started with hosted ksqlDB in Confluent Cloud in the: Quick Start for Apache Kafka using Confluent Cloud.
- Run ksqlDB locally with Confluent Platform in the Apache Kafka Quick Start.
ksqlDB Standalone and ksqlDB for Confluent Platform¶
These are the ksqlDB distributions:
- ksqlDB Standalone
- ksqlDB Standalone is an open-source project that’s licensed under the Confluent Community License. You can install it by using the ksqldb-server and ksqldb-cli Docker images. For more information, see Install ksqlDB in the ksqlDB Standalone documentation.
- ksqlDB for Confluent Platform
- ksqlDB for Confluent Platform is packaged as part of Confluent Platform. This is a commercial component of Confluent Platform. ksqlDB for Confluent Platform includes enterprise features, like role-based access control, and is available in Confluent Cloud. You can install it by using the cp-ksqldb-cli and cp-ksqldb-server Docker images or by using TAR, ZIP, or Systemd deployments. For more information, see On-Premises Deployments.
The following table summarizes the distributions.
|Project Type||License||Docker Images||TAR, ZIP, Systemd deployment|
|ksqlDB Standalone||Open source||Confluent Community License||
|ksqlDB for Confluent Platform||Packaged with Confluent Platform||This is a commercial component of Confluent Platform.||
- ksqlDB Quickstart
- Install ksqlDB
- Operate ksqlDB
- Upgrade ksqlDB
- Develop applications for ksqlDB
- Run ksqlDB in Confluent Cloud
- Connect ksqlDB to Confluent Cloud
- Migrate Confluent Cloud ksqlDB applications
- Run ksqlDB in Confluent Control Center
- Connect ksqlDB to Confluent Control Center
- Secure ksqlDB with RBAC
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the benefits of ksqlDB?
- What are the technical requirements of ksqlDB?
- Is ksqlDB owned by the Apache Software Foundation?
- How does ksqlDB compare to Apache Kafka’s Streams API?
- Does ksqlDB work with vanilla Apache Kafka clusters, or does it require the Kafka version included in Confluent Platform?
- Does ksqlDB support Kafka’s exactly-once processing semantics?
- Can I use ksqlDB with my favorite data format (e.g. JSON, Avro)?
- Is ksqlDB fully compliant to ANSI SQL?
- How do I shut down a ksqlDB environment?
- How do I configure the target Kafka cluster?
- How do I add ksqlDB servers to an existing ksqlDB cluster?
- How can I lock-down ksqlDB servers for production and prevent interactive client access?
- How do I use Avro data and integrate with Confluent Schema Registry?
- How can I scale out ksqlDB?
- Can ksqlDB connect to an Apache Kafka cluster over SSL?
- Can ksqlDB connect to an Apache Kafka cluster over SSL and authenticate using SASL?
- Will ksqlDB work with Confluent Cloud?
- Will ksqlDB work with a Apache Kafka cluster secured using Kafka ACLs?
- Will ksqlDB work with a HTTPS Confluent Schema Registry?
- Where are ksqlDB-related data and metadata stored?
- Which ksqlDB queries read or write data to Kafka?
- How do I check the health of a ksqlDB server?
- What if automatic topic creation is turned off?
- Troubleshoot ksqlDB issues
- SELECT query does not stop
- SELECT query returns no results
- ksqlDB CLI does not connect to ksqlDB server
- Cannot create a stream from the output of a windowed aggregate
- ksqlDB does not clean up internal topics
- Replicated topic with Avro schema causes errors
- Snappy encoded messages don’t decompress
- Check for message processing failures
- Check the ksqlDB server logs
- ksqlDB Tutorials and Examples