In Confluent Cloud, the Organization resource is the root node in the Confluent Cloud resource hierarchy. If you have a minimum spend commitment, there is a 1:1 relationship between one organization and one spend commit.
Organizations may contain:
When you first sign up for Confluent Cloud, a new organization is created simultaneously with the first user account that belongs to that organization. When you invite another user to Confluent Cloud, the invited user is added to the existing organization.
Cloud Organization ID¶
Each organization in Confluent Cloud is uniquely identified by a Cloud Organization ID.
You can get your Cloud Organization ID on either the Organizations page or the Billing & payment page:
- Organizations page
In Confluent Cloud Console, go to the Organizations page at https://confluent.cloud/settings/organizations.
The Organizations page appears with a listing of the organizations that you are a member of, displaying the Name and the ID (Cloud Organization ID). The label Current appears next to the organization you are signed in to.
- Billings & payment page
To view this page requires the OrganizationAdmin role.
In the Confluent Cloud Console, go to the Billing & payment page at https://confluent.cloud/settings/billing/invoice, click the Payments & contacts tab. You can see the Cloud Organization ID value and click Copy to save it for later use.
For more information, see Billing profile and payment.
Change an organization name¶
To change the name of an organization:
- In Confluent Cloud Console, open the sidebar menu. Your current user name and organization are displayed.
- Click your current organization. The Organizations page appears.
- Click Edit.
- In the Organization name field, enter a new name. The organization name:
- Cannot exceed 64 characters.
- Can contain Unicode letters, numbers, marks, and whitespace.
- Can contain the following special characters: . , ‘ ’ & _ + | [ ] /- ( ).
- Click Save changes.
The organization name is updated and the Organizations page displays with the new name.