If applicable, repeat the procedure as appropriate for the topic key schema.
Working with schema references
You can add a reference to another schema, using the wizard to help locate available schemas and versions.
The Reference name you provide must match the target schema, based on guidelines for the schema format you are using:
- In JSON Schema, the name is the value on the
$ref field of the referenced schema
- In Avro, the name is the value on the
type field of the referenced schema
- In Protobuf, the name is the value on the
Import statement referenced schema
First, locate the schema you want to reference, and get the reference name for it.
Add a schema reference to the current schema in the editor
- Click Add reference.
- Provide a Reference name per the rules described above.
- Select the schema fro the Subject list.
- Select the Version of the schema you want to use.
- Click Validate to check if the reference will pass.
- Click Save to save the reference.
For example, to reference to the schema for the
employees topic (
widget schema, you can configure a reference to type,
record as shown.
To learn more, see Schema References in the Confluent Platform documentation.
View, edit, or delete schema references for a topic
Existing schema references show up on editable versions of the schema where they are configured.
Navigate to a topic; for example, the
widget-value schema associated with the
widget topic in the previous example.
Click into the editor as if to edit the schema.
If there are references to other Schemas configured in this schema, they will display in the Schema references list below the editor.
You can also add more references to this schema, modify existing, or delete references from this view.