Get Started with Confluent Cloud on the Azure Marketplace with Pay As You Go¶
This topic shows you how to get up and running using Confluent Cloud on the Azure Marketplace. Sign up and set up your own multi-tenant Kafka clusters in Confluent Cloud. Pay only for what you use.
To pay for Confluent Cloud, Confluent Consumption Units (CCUs) are enabled in the cloud Marketplace. Pricing in Marketplace is the same as direct purchase pricing. For more information, see Confluent Cloud Consumption Metrics for Marketplace Deployments.
- An Azure Marketplace account.
- If you have ever registered for Confluent Cloud, you must use a different email address for registering on Confluent Cloud through the Azure Marketplace.
- To purchase you must be logged in to the Azure Marketplace and your project must be enabled for purchase by your billing administrator.
Navigate to the Azure Marketplace and search for “Apache Kafka® on Confluent Cloud.”
Find the Apache Kafka® on Confluent Cloud™ for Azure tile and click Get it now.
Name your SaaS resource and select the subscription and billing plans. You have the choice to use “Pay as you Go” or “Usage based billing”.
It can take several seconds to complete your purchase of Confluent Cloud. You can view the status using the notifications bar in the Azure portal.
You will receive an email asking you to configure your Confluent Cloud subscription. Click Configure now in the email to go to the Azure portal. From the Azure portal, click Configure Account. You will be redirect to the Confluent Cloud site where you can register as the admin user.
If you are signing up using usage based billing, you must follow the steps to configure your account in Azure Marketplace before going on to the next step.
Sign up for Confluent Cloud and click Submit.
You should receive an email from Confluent requesting that you verify your email address. After verification, you are automatically logged in as the administrator of the new Confluent Cloud account.
If you have registered for Confluent Cloud previously, you must use a different email address for registering on Confluent Cloud through the Marketplace.
Click Create cluster to get started.
Email already exists¶
- When you try to sign up on Confluent Cloud it says your email is already in use.
- You log in and see old clusters.
- You are still seeing charges from your previous payment method.
- Re-register using a new email address. If you have ever registered for Confluent Cloud, you must use a new email address for the Azure Marketplace.
No active entitlement¶
- You see a message on the Confluent Cloud UI stating that you do not have an active subscription.
- Create a new subscription through the Azure portal. Confluent will migrate clusters to new organization.
Try out the Quick Start for Apache Kafka using Confluent Cloud, which shows you how to use Confluent Cloud to create topics, produce, and consume to a Kafka cluster.
Learn more about the advantages of using Apache Kafka as a service with Confluent Cloud on Azure.