Follow this procedure to configure Confluent Cloud network peering for a cluster in GCP.
Import Custom Routes (Preview)
- GCP Import Custom Routes option is currently in preview. Please contact
your Confluent representative to get access to the preview.
- GCP Import Custom Routes preview is not covered by SLA and is not
recommended for production workloads.
The Import Custom Routes option enables transitive routing in Confluent Cloud clusters
to support connectivity to/from
- Customer VPCs in the same region and
- External networks connected through peered customer VPCs in the same region.
External networks could be customer premise network and/or VPCs/VNETs
in other cloud providers. The external networks have to be connected
to peered customer VPCs using GCP Cloud VPN or GCP Cloud Interconnect.
Please take a note of considerations as mentioned by GCP in their VPC Peering
before enabling Import Custom Routes option.
- Enabling or disabling the Import Custom Routes option on an existing VPC
Peering connection is not supported.
- The Import Custom Routes option must be enabled when you set up the VPC peering
- In order to enable Import Custom Routes option on an existing VPC
peering connection, tear down the VPC peering connection and reesablish
it with Import Custom Routes option enabled. Please allow 15 minutes
between tearing down the VPC connection and reestablishing it.
- In order to disable Import Custom Routes option, tear down the VPC
peering connection and reesablish it with Import Custom Routes
option disabled. Please allow 15 minutes between tearing down
the VPC connection and reestablishing it. As an alternative, disable
export custom route option in the customer VPC.
- Transitive routing to customer VPCs in different region(s) is not supported.
The only exception is when cross-regional customer VPCs are interconnected
using Cloud VPN. However, the customer VPC, which is peered with Confluent Cloud
cluster, must be in the same region as Confluent Cloud cluster.
- Transitive routing to external networks connected through customer VPCs that require
global access to be turned on for GCP Internal Load Balancing
is not supported.
- Direct routing to external networks from Confluent Cloud cluster is not supported.
- Custom Route Export support from Confluent Cloud cluster is not supported.