Connect External Systems to Confluent Cloud¶
Confluent Cloud offers pre-built, fully managed, Kafka Connectors that make it easy to instantly connect to popular data sources and sinks. With a simple GUI-based configuration and elastic scaling with no infrastructure to manage, Confluent Cloud Connectors make moving data in and out of Kafka an effortless task, giving you more time to focus on app development.
- Source Connector
- A source connector, such as the Microsoft SQL Server Source Connector, ingests entire databases and streams table updates to Kafka topics. It can also collect metrics from all of your application servers and store these in Kafka topics, making the data available for stream processing with low latency.
- Sink Connector
- A sink connector delivers data from Kafka topics into secondary indexes, such as Google BigQuery or batch systems like Amazon S3, for offline analysis.
The following Confluent Cloud connectors are supported by Confluent:
Preview connectors are not currently supported and are not recommended for production use. For specific connector limitations, see Cloud connector limitations.
The following Confluent Cloud connectors are available for preview:
- Azure DataLake Gen2 Storage Sink Connector
- Amazon Redshift Sink Connector
- Elasticsearch Service Sink Connector
- Google Cloud Dataproc Sink Connector
- Google Cloud Spanner Sink Connector
- Microsoft SQL Server Source Connector
- MongoDB Atlas Sink Connector
- MongoDB Atlas Source Connector
- MySQL Source Connector
- Oracle Database Source Connector
- PostgreSQL Source Connector
- Snowflake Sink Connector