Confluent Replicator allows you to easily and reliably replicate topics from one Apache Kafka® cluster to another. In addition to copying the messages, this connector will create topics as needed preserving the topic configuration in the source cluster. This includes preserving the number of partitions, the replication factor, and any configuration overrides specified for individual topics.
The Replicator Connector supports replication in the context of several use cases, including:
- Multi-Datacenter Replication
- Schema Registry Multi Datacenter Setup
- Migrate Schemas to Confluent Cloud
- VPC Peering in Confluent Cloud and other Cloud and hybrid scenarios
Replicator supports the following features:
- Topic selection using whitelists, blacklists, and regular expressions.
- Dynamic topic creation in the destination cluster with matching partition counts, replication factors, and topic configuration overrides.
- Automatic resizing of topics when new partitions are added in the source cluster.
- Automatic reconfiguration of topics when topic configuration changes in the source cluster.
Install Replicator Connector¶
This connector is bundled natively with Confluent Platform. If you have Confluent Platform installed and running, there are no additional steps required to install.
If you are using Confluent Platform using only Confluent Community components, you can install the connector using the Confluent Hub client (recommended) or you can manually download the ZIP file.
Install Connector Using Confluent Hub¶
- Confluent Hub Client must be installed. This is installed by default with Confluent Platform commercial features.
Navigate to your Confluent Platform installation directory and run this command to install the latest (
latest) connector version.
The connector must be installed on every machine where Connect will be run.
confluent-hub install confluentinc/kafka-connect-|crep|:latest
You can install a specific version by replacing
latest with a version number. For example:
confluent-hub install confluentinc/kafka-connect-replicator:5.3.0
This connector is available under a Confluent enterprise license. You can use this connector for a 30-day trial period without a license key. If you are a subscriber, please contact Confluent Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information, see License Topic Configuration.