Monitoring Schema Registry¶
Schema Registry reports a variety of metrics through JMX. It can also be configured to report
stats using additional pluggable stats reporters using the
option. The easiest way to view the available metrics is to use jconsole to
browse JMX MBeans.
Schema Registry has two types of metrics. Global metrics help you monitor the overall health of
the service. Per-endpoint metrics monitor each API endpoint request method and are
prefixed by a name of the endpoint (e.g.
subjects.get-schema). These help you
understand how the proxy is being used and track down specific performance problems.
- Total number of active TCP connections.
connections-accepted-rate(deprecated since 2.0)
- In 1.x: The average rate per second of accepted TCP connections.
- In 2.x: Same as
- The average rate per second of opened TCP connections.
- The average rate per second of closed TCP connections.
- The current role of this Schema Registry instance. A value of 1 indicates this instance is the primary, 0 indicates it is a secondary.
The following are the metrics available for each endpoint request method. Metrics for all requests are also aggregated into a global instance for each one. These aggregate instances have no prefix in their name.
- Bytes/second of incoming requests
- The average number of requests per second that resulted in HTTP error responses
- The average request latency in ms
- The maximum request latency in ms
- The average number of HTTP requests per second.
- The average request size in bytes
- The maximum request size in bytes
- Bytes/second of outgoing responses
- The average number of HTTP responses per second.
- The average response size in bytes
- The maximum response size in bytes
The following is a list of all the API endpoint methods. The naming should map intuitively to
each of the API operations. To create a full metric name, prefix a per-endpoint metric name with
one of these values. For example, to find the rate of
GET /brokers API calls, combine the
brokers.list with the metric name
request-rate to get