Upgrade Overview for Confluent for Kubernetes¶
A Confluent for Kubernetes deployment includes:
- Confluent for Kubernetes (CFK) Operator
- Confluent Platform component clusters
You can upgrade either CFK or Confluent Platform independently from each other.
When you are planning for an upgrade, review the following so that you can chart the appropriate upgrade path:
- Your current versions of CFK and Confluent Platform.
- The release notes of later versions of both CFK and Confluent Platform, to see which features and fixes you are interested in:
- The support matrix for CFK and Confluent Platform.
The following upgrade paths are supported:
Make sure that the version of CFK you are running supports both the starting and ending versions of Confluent Platform.
Make sure that the CFK version that you are upgrading to supports the Confluent Platform version you are running.
Upgrade both Confluent Platform and CFK:
Step 1. Upgrade CFK.
Step 2. Upgrade Confluent Platform.
To upgrade from Confluent Operator 1.x to Confluent for Kubernetes, see Migrate to Confluent for Kubernetes.