Looking for Confluent Cloud Schema Management docs? These pages cover some aspects of Schema Registry that are generally applicable, such as general concepts, schema formats, hybrid use cases, and tutorials, but the main focus here is Confluent Platform. For Confluent Cloud documentation, check out Manage Schemas on Confluent Cloud.
Installing and Configuring Schema Registry¶
Schema Registry is a component of Confluent Platform and is installed along with the Confluent Platform bundle.
- Install Confluent Platform (including Schema Registry)
- Schema Registry Configuration Options
- Run Schema Registry in Production
- Quick Start for Schema Management on Confluent Cloud
- Connect an on-premise Schema Registry to Confluent Cloud
- Migrate Schemas
Starting with Confluent Platform 5.2.0, best practice is to run the same versions of Schema Registry on all nodes in a cluster. Running different versions of Schema Registry in the same cluster with Confluent Platform 5.2.0 or newer will cause runtime errors that prevent the creation of new schema versions.