Upgrade Overview for Confluent for Kubernetes¶
A Confluent for Kubernetes (CFK) deployment includes:
-  Confluent for Kubernetes Operator
-  Confluent Platform component clusters
 and  are versioned differently. For the compatibility between  and , see the compatibility matrix.
You can upgrade either  or  independently from each other.
When you are planning for an upgrade of your CFK deployment, review the following so that you can chart the appropriate upgrade path:
- What are your current versions of CFK and Confluent Platform?
- The release notes of later versions of both CFK and Confluent Platform, to see which features and fixes you are interested in:
- The support matrix for CFK and Confluent Platform.
The following upgrade paths are supported:
Upgrade Confluent Platform only
Make sure that the version of CFK you are running supports both the starting and ending versions of Confluent Platform.
Make sure that the CFK version that you are upgrading to supports the Confluent Platform version you are running.
Upgrade both Confluent Platform and CFK:
Step 1. Upgrade Confluent for Kubernetes.
Step 2. Upgrade Confluent Platform.
To upgrade from Confluent Operator 1.x to Confluent for Kubernetes, see Migrate to Confluent for Kubernetes.