Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform¶
Ansible offers a simple way to configure and deploy Confluent Platform. The topics in this section describe using Ansible Playbooks to install Confluent Platform.
The topics assume basic knowledge of how Ansible playbooks work. If you want to learn more about Ansible playbooks, see these resources:
Once your Confluent Platform is configured and installed with Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform, you cannot update the configuration of the running Confluent Platform using Ansible.
The Ansible playbooks provided by Confluent perform the following operations:
- Installs Confluent Platform packages.
- Starts services using
- Provides variables for configuring various security settings between Confluent Platform component services:
- TLS/SSL (one way and two way) with self-signed certs or custom certs
- SASL (Kerberos, PLAIN, SCRAM)
- Enables monitoring. With the exception of Confluent Control Center, installs all other Confluent Platform components with Jolokia enabled and metrics exposed.
You can install the services listed below using the Ansible playbooks provided by Confluent:
- Apache ZooKeeper™
- Apache Kafka®
- Confluent Schema Registry
- REST Proxy
- Confluent Control Center
- Kafka Connect (distributed mode)
The cp-ansible repository provides the playbooks and templates that allow you to easily provision the Confluent Platform in your environment.
For those with a Confluent Support contract, issues or feature requests can be reported to Confluent Support.
- Learn more about Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform in The Easiest Way to Install Apache Kafka and Confluent Platform using Ansible.
- Listen to the podcast Installing Apache Kafka with Ansible.