Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform Release Notes¶
Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform (Confluent Ansible) offers a simple way to configure and deploy Confluent Platform.
The following sections summarize the technical details of the Confluent Ansible 7.4 releases.
Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform 7.4.0 Release Notes¶
Confluent Ansible 7.4.0 allows you to deploy Confluent Platform version 7.4.x. It supports Ansible 2.11+ and Python 3.6+.
- Confluent Ansible includes the Confluent Ansible Discovery tool for migrating stand-alone Confluent Platform deployments to Ansible-managed Confluent Platform environments. See Migrate Stand-alone Confluent Platform to Ansible Environment for details.
- Confluent Ansible supports KRaft-based fresh Confluent Platform deployments. See Install Confluent Platform with Ansible Playbooks for installing KRaft-based Confluent Platform.
- Now, you can use Confluent-Hub CLI to install local and remote Connect plugins.
- Default Confluent CLI version has been updated to 3.2.1, which removes the dependency of secrets protection on RBAC.
- Added a variable to customize the number of days from Certificate Authority creation to expiration.
- Improved error handling for deploying Kafka connectors.
- Support for custom Kerberos client configuration file and custom path.
- Separate on-demand playbook for host validation.
- Added support for RHEL9 OS on Confluent Platform.
- Archived installation of Confluent Platform on Debian 9 since the OS version reached end-of-life.
You can use Confluent Ansible to upgrade Confluent Platform to 7.4 with Ansible versions 4 - 7 (ansible-core versions 2.11 - 2.14).
For more information, see Prerequisites for Installing Confluent Platform with Ansible Playbooks.