Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform Release Notes¶
Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform (Confluent Ansible) offers a simple way to configure and deploy Confluent Platform.
The following sections summarize the technical details of the Confluent Ansible 7.3 releases.
Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform 7.3.2 Release Notes¶
Confluent Ansible 7.3.2 allows you to deploy Confluent Platform version 7.3.1. It supports Ansible 2.11+ and Python 3.6+.
- Added provision to configure Replicator custom REST extension classes.
- For archive installations, fixed the logic to use the
config_prefixvariable for ZooKeeper, Kafka broker, Schema Registry, and Connect.
Upgrade piptasks using a package tag.
- Introduced a new
cp_packagetag for installing and upgrading Confluent packages.
Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform 7.3.1 Release Notes¶
Confluent Ansible 7.3.1 allows you to deploy Confluent Platform version 7.3.0. It supports Ansible 2.11+ and Python 3.6+.
- Bug fixes to enable running playbook in the Ansible check mode.
- Validation of Python version 3.6+.
- Bug fixes for RHEL7 related to the EPEL-release package.
Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform 7.3.0 Release Notes¶
Confluent Ansible 7.3.0 allows you to deploy Confluent Platform version 7.3.x. It supports Ansible 2.11+ and Python 3.6+.
- Confluent Ansible is now Red Hat certified and is available on Red Hat Automation Hub, starting with Confluent Ansible 7.0.X.
- Confluent Platform and Confluent Ansible now support JDK 17, in addition to JDK 8 and JDK 11. Confluent Ansible also supports custom Java installations.
- Now you can use Confluent Ansible to upgrade Confluent Platform from non-RBAC to RBAC with zero downtime.
- Confluent Ansible is now officially supported for Ansible 2.12 and 2.13 in addition to 2.11.
- Confluent Ansible provides a log collection playbook that remotely collects logs from all Confluent Platform components across nodes.
- Confluent Ansible supports configuring log redaction, where sensitive information is removed from log files.
You can use Confluent Ansible to upgrade Confluent Platform to 7.3 with Ansible 2.12 and 2.13.
Confluent Ansible 7.3.0 does not support Ansible 2.9 or Python 2.x because those runtimes are end-of-life.
Upgrade to Ansible 2.11+ and Python 3.6+ to use Confluent Ansible 7.3.
For more information, see Prerequisites for Installing Confluent Platform with Ansible Playbooks.
rbac_component_additional_system_adminsvariable now can be updated in the inventory file for assignment of principals. It is backward compatible.