Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform¶
Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform offers a simple way to configure and deploy Confluent Platform. The topics in this section describe using Ansible Playbooks to install Confluent Platform.
The topics assume basic knowledge of how Ansible playbooks work. If you want to learn more about Ansible playbooks, see these resources:
Try the Ansible Installer webapp for a simplified Confluent Platform installation. This opinionated playbook is the fastest way to stand up a distributed deployment for testing or a proof of concept.
Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform cannot be used to upgrade software versions or update configurations for Confluent Platform deployment that were not initially installed with the playbooks.
The Ansible playbooks provided by Confluent perform the following operations:
- Installs Confluent Platform using packages or archives.
- Starts services using
- Provides variables for configuring security settings for Confluent Platform.
- Provides options for monitoring Confluent Platform.
You can install the services listed below using the Ansible playbooks provided by Confluent:
- Apache ZooKeeper™
- Apache Kafka®
- Confluent Schema Registry
- REST Proxy
- Confluent Control Center
- Kafka Connect (distributed mode)
- Confluent Replicator
The cp-ansible repository provides the playbooks and templates that allow you to easily provision the Confluent Platform in your environment.
For those with a Confluent Support contract, issues or feature requests can be reported to Confluent Support.
- Learn more about Ansible Playbooks for Confluent Platform in The Easiest Way to Install Apache Kafka and Confluent Platform using Ansible.
- Listen to the podcast Installing Apache Kafka with Ansible.
- Continuous Deployment of Confluent with Ansible Tower.