Hybrid Deployment of Confluent Platform and Confluent Cloud¶
Confluent for Kubernetes (CFK) provides cloud-native automation for deploying and managing Confluent in many hybrid scenarios.
When you are deploying Confluent Platform components to be connected to Confluent Cloud, provide the basic configuration required in the Confluent Platform component CRs:
- The Confluent Cloud component endpoints
- The Confluent Cloud key and password in the format that each respective Confluent Cloud component requires for authentication credentials
See the example GitHub scenarios listed below for details.
There might be additional information required, such as TLS certificates, depending on your deployment settings.
Refer to the following configuration examples of the hybrid deployment of Confluent Platform connecting to Confluent Cloud:
- CFK managed Connectors, ksqlDB, and REST Proxy against a Kafka and a Schema Registry in the Confluent Cloud
- CFK managed Connect cluster connected to Confluent Cloud, installing and managing the JDBC source connector plugin through the declarative Connector CR
- CFK managed Replicator cloning topics from a source Confluent Cloud cluster to a destination Confluent Cloud cluster and CFK managed Control Center monitoring the end to end flow
- CFK managed Replicator cloning topics from a source Confluent Cloud cluster to a CFK managed destination cluster
- Cluster Linked Confluent Platform to Confluent Cloud