The topics view shows a summary of Apache Kafka® topics for a cluster, and enables you to complete a number of tasks.
- Search for topics.
- Show or hide internal topics.
- View details such as Status, Partitions, Production, Last Produced values and more for each topic. These values are not dynamic, meaning they load when the page is loaded, and update when the page is refreshed. The Last produced value for a row is loaded only as that column becomes viewable in the table. For more on topic inspection and the Last produced column, see Topic Inspection via Last-Produced Timestamp (blog post).
- Sort the columns in the Topics table by clicking a column header. Note that sorting by Last produced time will not be accurate if all rows are not visible.
- Add Topics.
Select a topic to display overview details for that topic and navigate to other features for topics:
- Inspect (Message browser).
- Settings for topic configuration.
- Query in ksqlDB - Registers a stream or table for a topic.
- Consumer lag - View consumer lag at the topic level. You can view consumer lag for a consumer group from the Consumers menu.
To access the overview page for a Topic:
- Select a cluster from the navigation bar and click the Topics menu.
- In the Topics table, click the topic name. The Topic overview page automatically opens for that topic.
Use the Topic page to:
- View a topic overview with a health rollup.
- Drill into topic metric metrics by clicking the Production, Consumption, or Availability panels.
- Search for partitions by partition ID.
- View partition, replica placement, offset, and partition size details.
The Topics page also enables you to:
- View and manage topics Messages.
- Configure Schemas for a topic.
- Edit, delete and perform additional Configuration for a topic.