Install Self-Managed Connectors¶
You can install the connectors by using the Confluent CLI (recommended) or manually install by downloading the plugin file.
Install a connector using Confluent CLI¶
You can install a connector using the following Confluent CLI command:
confluent connect plugin install <plugin> [flags]
For an example and command reference, see the Confluent CLI command reference.
Install a connector manually¶
Connectors are packaged as Kafka Connect plugins. Kafka Connect isolates each plugin so that the plugin libraries do not conflict with each other.
To manually install a connector:
- Find your connector on Confluent Hub and download the connector ZIP file.
- Extract the ZIP file contents and copy the contents to the desired location.
For example, you can create a directory named
<path-to-confluent>/share/kafka/plugins, and then copy the connector plugin contents.
- Add this to the plugin path in your Connect properties file. For example,
plugin.path=/usr/local/share/kafka/plugins. Kafka Connect finds the plugin using the plugin’s path. A plugin path is a comma-separated list of directories defined in the Kafka Connect’s worker configuration.
- Start the Connect workers with that configuration. Connect will discover all connectors defined within those plugins.
- Repeat these steps for each machine where Connect is running. Each connector must be available on each worker.