Monitor and Manage Confluent Platform
Monitor and manage your Confluent Platform environment using these tools and resources.
The Broker Metrics page in Confluent Control Center.
- Confluent Control Center
- Confluent Control Center is a web-based tool for managing and monitoring Apache Kafka®. Control Center
provides a user interface that enables developers and operators to get a
quick overview of cluster health, observe and control messages, topics,
and Schema Registry, and to develop and run ksqlDB queries. For more information,
see Confluent Control Center.
- Proactive Support
- Proactive Support provides ongoing, real-time analysis of performance and
configuration data for your Confluent Platform deployment. From this analysis, Proactive Support
sends out notifications to alert users to potential environmental issues before
they become critical problems. For more information, see
- Confluent Telemetry Reporter
- The Confluent Telemetry Reporter is a plugin that runs inside each Confluent Platform
service to push metadata about the service to Confluent. Telemetry Reporter
enables product features based on the metadata, like Proactive Support.
Data is sent over HTTP using an encrypted connection. For more information, see
Confluent Telemetry Reporter. For a list of metrics that are collected for
Proactive Support, see Telemetry Reporter Metrics.
- Confluent Metrics Reporter
- The Confluent Metrics Reporter collects various metrics from an Apache Kafka® cluster. The
Metrics Reporter is necessary for the Confluent Control Center
system health monitoring and Confluent Auto Data Balancer.
Metrics Reporter produces metrics to a topic in a Kafka cluster. For more information,
see Confluent Metrics Reporter.
- Kafka Monitoring
- Kafka brokers and clients report many internal metrics. JMX is the default
reporter, and you can add any pluggable reporter. For more information, see
Kafka Monitoring and Metrics Using JMX.
- Docker Logging
- You can configure log4j log levels and log outputs in Docker deployments
of Confluent Platform. For more information, see Configure Docker Logging.