Get Started with Confluent Cloud on the AWS Marketplace with Pay As You Go
This topic shows you how to get up and running using Confluent Cloud on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace
for a self-serve Pay-as-you-go account.
- An AWS account. You can use Confluent Cloud and get billed directly through AWS.
- If you have ever registered for Confluent Cloud, you must use a different email address for registering
on Confluent Cloud through the AWS Marketplace.
- To purchase you must be logged in to the AWS Marketplace and your AWS account ID must be
enabled for purchase by your billing administrator.
Navigate to the AWS Marketplace and search for
“Apache Kafka® on Confluent Cloud.”
Find the Apache Kafka® on Confluent Cloud™ tile and click Continue to Subscribe.
To purchase you must be logged in to the AWS Marketplace and your AWS account
ID must be enabled for purchase by your billing administrator.
To pay for Confluent Cloud, AWS has enabled Confluent Consumption Units (CCUs). Each CCU equals $0.01.
Pricing in the AWS Marketplace is the same as Confluent direct purchase pricing.
Confirm pricing details and click Subscribe.
Click on Set Up Your Account.
Provide the necessary information to sign up for Confluent Cloud.
After filling in the fields provided, click Submit.
You should receive an email from Confluent requesting that you verify your email address. After
verification, you are automatically logged in as the administrator of the new Confluent Cloud account.
If you have registered for Confluent Cloud previously, you must use a different email
address for registering on Confluent Cloud through the Marketplace.
Click Create cluster to get started.
Email already exists
- When you try to sign up on Confluent Cloud it says your email is already in use.
- You log in and see old clusters.
- You are still seeing charges from your previous payment method.
- Re-register using a new email address. If you have ever registered for Confluent Cloud, you must use a
new email address for the AWS Marketplace.
No active entitlement
- You see a message on the Confluent Cloud UI stating that you do not have an active subscription.
- Create a new subscription through the AWS Marketplace. Confluent will migrate clusters to new