Share Data with Confluent Stream Sharing¶
Learn how to share data with users in other organizations.
What is Confluent Stream Sharing?¶
Confluent Stream Sharing is a feature that enables the exchange of data at the topic level between multiple, separate organizations.
More specifically, Stream Sharing:
- Enables Confluent Cloud users to share topics outside of their Confluent Cloud organization, between enterprises or business units.
- Allows consumers to stream shared topics. Newly-invited consumers can either log in to an existing Confluent Cloud organization, or create a new account and organization where they consume data directly using a Kafka client.
After a consumer accepts the invitation to the topic, they can access the data.
Note the following limitations for the Stream Sharing feature:
- You can only share data by inviting users through email.
- There is no support for sharing via Cluster Linking. Data can only be shared directly from a provider’s cluster.
- You are limited on the amount of data that can be shared. Currently the limit is 10 MB per second, per share. If you need this limit adjusted, contact your Confluent representative.
- The following networking options are supported: Public internet, AWS PrivateLink, Azure Private Link, and Google Cloud Private Service Connect
- To share streams over a private endpoint, both data provider and data recipient must use the same cloud provider.