Get Started with Confluent Cloud on the GCP Marketplace with Commitments
This topic shows you how to get up and running using Confluent Cloud on the GCP Marketplace with usage-based
billing commitment. With a commitment, you sign up for a minimum spend amount and get a discount on your
committed usage of Confluent Cloud.
- A GCP Marketplace account. You can use Confluent Cloud and get billed directly through GCP.
- If you have ever registered for Confluent Cloud, you must use a different email address for registering
on Confluent Cloud through the GCP Marketplace.
- To purchase, you must be logged in to the GCP Marketplace with the billing administrator role.
Contact the Confluent sales team and request a quote for a GCP
Confluent Cloud commitment. You will receive a GCP Marketplace private quote from Confluent sales.
View the quote on the GCP Marketplace using the private quote link from Confluent sales. Review the
After you subscribe, the subscription goes to a pending state awaiting approval by GCP Marketplace
and Confluent Cloud. You can view the details of your offer and the various included credits as part of
Click VIEW PRODUCT DETAILS to see details of the product offering.
After the subscription is approved, the ENABLE button will appear on the “View Product Details”
Click MANAGE VIA CONFLUENT to be redirected to the Confluent Cloud sign up page.
Provide the necessary information to sign up for Confluent Cloud.
After filling in the fields provided, click Submit.
You should receive an email from Confluent requesting that you verify your email address. After
verification, you are automatically logged in as the administrator of the new Confluent Cloud account.
If you have registered for Confluent Cloud previously, you must use a different email
address for registering on Confluent Cloud through the Marketplace.
Click Create cluster to get started.
Email already exists
- When you try to sign up on Confluent Cloud it says your email is already in use.
- You log in and see old clusters.
- You are still seeing charges from your previous payment method.
- Re-register using a new email address. If you have ever registered for Confluent Cloud, you must use a
new email address for the Marketplace.
No active entitlement
- A message is displayed on the Confluent Cloud UI that says you do not have an active subscription.
- To activate the organization, re-enable the project on GCP.
Pending Confluent Cloud set up
- A message is displayed on the Confluent Cloud web UI that says “Your organization is being provisioned on Confluent Cloud.”
- Confluent Cloud is still pending completion of some tasks to create an organization. We will notify you
once the setup is complete.