Get Started with Confluent Cloud on the AWS Marketplace with Commitments
This topic shows you how to get up and running using Confluent Cloud on the AWS Marketplace with usage-based
billing commitment. With a commitment, you sign up for a minimum spend amount and get a discount on your
committed usage of Confluent Cloud.
- An AWS Marketplace account. You can use Confluent Cloud and get billed directly through AWS.
- If you have ever registered for Confluent Cloud, you must use a different email address for registering
on Confluent Cloud through the AWS Marketplace.
- To purchase you must be logged in to the AWS Marketplace and your project must
be enabled for purchase by your billing administrator.
Contact the Confluent sales team and request a quote for a AWS
Confluent Cloud commitment. You will receive a AWS Marketplace private quote from Confluent sales.
View the quote on the AWS Marketplace using the private quote link from Confluent sales. Review
After you create a contract, you will see a popup window to with details of the amount
that will be invoiced to your AWS account.
Click Pay now. This amount will be invoiced to your AWS account to subscribe to the service.
Click Setup your account. This will redirect you to the Confluent Cloud signup page.
Provide the necessary information to sign up for Confluent Cloud.
After filling in the fields provided, click Submit.
You should receive an email from Confluent requesting that you verify your email address. After
verification, you are automatically logged in as the administrator of the new Confluent Cloud account.
If you have registered for Confluent Cloud previously, you must use a different email
address for registering on Confluent Cloud through the Marketplace.
Click Create cluster to get started.
Email already exists
- When you try to sign up on Confluent Cloud it says your email is already in use.
- You log in and see old clusters.
- You are still seeing charges from your previous payment method.
- Re-register using a new email address. If you have ever registered for Confluent Cloud, you must use a
new email address for the Marketplace.
No active entitlement
- You see a message on the Confluent Cloud UI stating that you do not have an active subscription.
- Create a new subscription through the AWS Marketplace. Confluent will migrate clusters to new
Pending Confluent Cloud set up
- A message is displayed on the Confluent Cloud web UI that says “Your organization is being
provisioned on Confluent Cloud.”
- Confluent Cloud is still pending completion of some tasks to create an organization. You will be
notified after the setup is complete.