Get Started with Confluent Cloud on the GCP Marketplace with Pay As You Go¶
This topic shows you how to get up and running using Confluent Cloud on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Marketplace.
- A GCP Marketplace account. You can use Confluent Cloud with your existing GCP billing and credits.
- To purchase you must be logged in to the GCP Marketplace and your project must be enabled for purchase by your billing administrator.
To purchase you must be logged in to the GCP Marketplace and your project must be enabled for purchase by your billing administrator.
Navigate to the GCP Marketplace and search for “Apache Kafka® on Confluent Cloud.”
Choose the Apache Kafka® on Confluent Cloud™ tile, and the an overview page displays.
On the overview page, click Subscribe to display the Order Summary page.
On the the Order Summary page,
- Under Select Plan, Confluent Cloud - Pay as you Go is automatically selected.
- For Confluent Cloud, GCP has enabled Confluent Consumption Units (CCUs). The price for each CCU displays in the Pricing section.
- Select a Billing account, and read and accept the Additional terms.
- When you have completed the Confluent Cloud subscription form, click Subscribe at the bottom of the form.
At this point, to complete your sign up, you are directed to register with Confluent.
Provide the necessary information to sign up for Confluent Cloud and click Start free.
After completing the required fields, click Submit.
You should receive an email from Confluent requesting that you verify your email address. After verification, you are automatically logged in as the administrator of the new Confluent Cloud account.
If you have registered for Confluent Cloud previously, you must use a different email address for registering on Confluent Cloud through the Marketplace.
Once you have signed up for Confluent Cloud, click Create cluster to get started with a new Confluent Cloud cluster.
Try out the Quick Start for Confluent Cloud, which shows you how to use Confluent Cloud to create topics, produce, and consume to a Kafka cluster.
Learn more about the advantages of using Apache Kafka as a service with Confluent Cloud on GCP.